General Terms & Conditions
- EMGlobal Assist Sdn Bhd (Education Malaysia Global Assist – EMGA) has sole discretion in awarding scholarships and reserves the right not to award a scholarship or to withdraw a scholarship, in whole or in part, for non‐compliance with the terms of the award.
- The scholarship recipient must be enrolled as a full‐time student for the entire length of the program (except for postgraduate studies where part‐ time is permitted), register for all courses according to the awarding University schedule, pass each course registered for at the first attempt and complete the program within the original timeframe stated in the offer letter ‐ as the scholarship does not cover extensions or deferment (unless in extenuating circumstances – then specific prior approval must be obtained).
- Scholarships are awarded in the form of a tuition fee waiver only. This excludes any other charges such as registration fee, international student fees, ancillary items required as part of your studies including, but not limited to books,
graduation ceremony, final award/certificate, accommodation, student visa processing, sports, living and other related costs, which shall be borne by the student. For the avoidance of doubt, any costs for re‐sits and other related costs including extensions (if any) must be borne by the student.
- The value of the scholarship granted (for all schemes) will be deducted against the full tuition fees payable on a semester by semester basis.
- For the Inaugural Scholarship, the value of the scholarship granted will be in the form of a fee waiver of tuition fee per year.
- For High Achiever’s Scholarship, recipients MUST maintain a yearly result that is stipulated by the awarding university in order to be awarded a progression scholarship to the following academic year of Undergraduate study. Students
who do not meet this criterion will have their scholarship suspended/withdrawn in the following academic year of study.
- The scholarship cannot be offered in conjunction with any other discounts or scholarship provided by the awarding University.
- The scholarship is only awarded for study at the awarding university stated in your Scholarship Award Offer ONLY – and it is not transferable to other universities in Malaysia.
- The scholarship is not transferable to another program of study & is neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash or other alternatives.
- The scholarship recipient shall not be holding (concurrently) any other full or partial scholarship from external parties (unless in extenuating circumstances – then specific prior approval must be obtained).
- Forecast examination results can be considered for the scholarship application, if official finalized results are not available at the time of application. All applications will be considered, and the scholarship may be awarded
conditional on the achievement of specified results. Proof of finalized results must be provided within two weeks of their official release or EMGlobal Assist Sdn Bhd and the awarding university reserves the right to rescind the
conditional award of the scholarship.
- The official results must be equal to or better than the forecast results submitted for the initial scholarship consideration. Should the official results not equal or better than the forecast results used in the award of the scholarship, EMGlobal Assist Sdn Bhd and the awarding university reserves the right to withdraw or reduce the scholarship award.
- The scholarship recipient shall be a student ambassador and promote the good name of EMGA and the awarding university. In addition, the recipient is required to comply with both EMGA and the awarding university terms and
conditions of admittance, all regulations and policies from time to time in force.
- Scholarship recipients who are found guilty of academic or disciplinary misconduct will have their scholarships terminated.
- EMGA and the awarding university reserves the right to involve scholarship recipients in interviews, advertisement, photography or other publicity activities for the purpose of promoting EMGA and the awarding university. The
scholarship recipient assigns to EMGA any intellectual property or other rights that are created as part of this promotional role.
- In the event that a scholarship recipient decides to discontinue studies (without completion of the program), the scholarship will be forfeited & the recipient is required to reimburse the amount awarded during the completed period of studies (except for Financial Hardship Scholarship).
- EMGA and the awarding university reserves the right to terminate the scholarship offered to students. In such circumstances, the full tuition fees will be payable by the student, from the date of termination and for the remainder of the program.
- EMGA reserves the right to make any amendment to the terms and conditions and inform the recipients accordingly either in advance or later.